Recipe by Sugar³
A cool and refreshing salad. Looks impressive, but easy to prepare.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
Oh this is really nice. Simple (I think) yet elegant. Just be careful of the sugar process so that it doesn't burn. The flavors go together really well. I just made a simple vinegrette using some good balsalmic vinegar I had.
- 1 bag mixed baby greens
- gorgonzola, crumbled (as much as you like)
- balsamic vinaigrette, bottled or homemade
- 1 red pear, cored and sliced horizontally
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Caramelized pecans: Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- When butter is melted, add pecans and sugar, stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar melts around the pecans and is a caramel color this happens very fast.
- Remove pecans with a slotted spoon and spread in a single layer on a sheet of lightly buttered foil.
- Cool completely and break up into pieces as needed.
- Salad: Mix first 4 ingredients, toss well to coat lettuce.
- Place sliced pears in a fan shape on side of plate.
- Serve immediately.