A cool and refreshing salad. Looks impressive, but easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bag mixed baby greens
- gorgonzola, crumbled (as much as you like)
- balsamic vinaigrette, bottled or homemade
- 1 red pear, cored and sliced horizontally
- 1Caramelized pecans: Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- 2When butter is melted, add pecans and sugar, stir to combine.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar melts around the pecans and is a caramel color this happens very fast.
- 4Remove pecans with a slotted spoon and spread in a single layer on a sheet of lightly buttered foil.
- 5Cool completely and break up into pieces as needed.
- 6Salad: Mix first 4 ingredients, toss well to coat lettuce.
- 7Place sliced pears in a fan shape on side of plate.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Pecans and Gorgonzola Salad
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1101.8
- Calories from Fat 634
- Total Fat 70.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 82.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 111.3 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens