Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A cool and refreshing salad. Looks impressive, but easy to prepare.
Make and share this Caramelized Pecans and Gorgonzola Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Caramelized pecans: Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- When butter is melted, add pecans and sugar, stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar melts around the pecans and is a caramel color this happens very fast.
- Remove pecans with a slotted spoon and spread in a single layer on a sheet of lightly buttered foil.
- Cool completely and break up into pieces as needed.
- Salad: Mix first 4 ingredients, toss well to coat lettuce.
- Place sliced pears in a fan shape on side of plate.
- Serve immediately.
Oh this is really nice. Simple (I think) yet elegant. Just be careful of the sugar process so that it doesn't burn. The flavors go together really well. I just made a simple vinegrette using some good balsalmic vinegar I had.