Recipe by evelyn/athens
This pumpkin pie is sooooo good. The caramelized pecans give a sweet crunch contrast to the spicy/creamy filling.
Top Review by Sarahcw80
Evelyn your recipe got two thumbs up from most of my family, as a matter of fact my sister ate three pieces in about an hours time! A few people did think that the topping made it too sweet but I didn't think so! Made recipe as stated except I upped the spices a bit as we like our pumpkin pies spicy! Thanks for another terrific recipe!
- 59.14 ml finely chopped pecans
- 1 sour cream pie crust (Sour Cream Pie Crust Dough)
- 473.18 ml pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml packed golden brown sugar
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 3.69 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 395.10 ml light cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 158.51 ml firmly-packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 44.37 ml butter
- 236.59 ml chilled whipping cream, whipped to peaks
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust: Sprinkle ½ of pecans onto lightly-floured surface. Place pie crust disk atop pecans and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Roll out to 1/8 inch thick round. Transfer to 9 inch in diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Gently press into place. Trim and finish edges. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For filling: Preheat oven to 400°F Whisk pumpkin, eggs, both sugars and spices in bowl to blend. Stir in cream and vanilla extract.
- Place tart pan on rimmed cookie sheet. Pour filling into pan. Bake 45 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Cool on rack. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. (can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead to this point).
- For topping: Combine sugar and pecans. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle topping evenly over tart. Broil until sugar melts and bubbles, watching carefully, about 1 minute. Cool 15 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.