Recipe by Karen=^..^=
A healthy recipe adapted from sparkpeople.com. i haven't tried this yet, but it sounds different and delicious.
- 3 ripe pears, scrubbed, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unblanched almonds, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a broiler rack about 3 inches from source of heat. Heat the broiler.
- Arrange the pears in a shallow, flameproof dish in concentric circles, slightly overlapping each other. Sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Broil until the brown sugar has carmelized and pears begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and broil for about 1 minute or until almonds turn golden.
- Serve warm, topping each serving with a dollop of vanilla yogurt.