Recipe by nitko
This is very good autumn recipe; really surprising in taste. You may replace honey with sugar, because I have heard from a friend of mine that honey is not recommended to be heated (something with intestines). Anyway, I am submitting the original recipe.
- 40 g butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom (grounded)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (grounded)
- 1 vanilla (or 10 g bourbon vanilla flavored sugar package)
- 2 large pears
- 250 g mascarpone
- 10 g sugar (with vanilla flavor)
- 30 g almonds (or non salted pistachio)
Directions See How It's Made
- First mix mascarpone and sugar 2 ours before serving so sugar san join with mascarpone. Put it in cold place.
- Roughly ground almonds and dry fry them until brownish.
- Take a 24cm large heavy pan (preferably Teflon) and add honey, butter cardamom, cinnamon and inside “flesh” from vanilla (or package of bourbon vanilla sugar) and let it melt and join.
- Peal the pears, cut in half and remove seeds.
- Sauté the pears 8-10 minutes, turning them from time to time.
- When ready, put some mascarpone on a plate, put half a pear on it, cover with caramelized spiced honey and cover with roughly grounded fried almonds (or pistachio).