Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Bon Appetit.
- 3 ripe bartlett pears, cut in half lengthwise and cored
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pint dulce de leche ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400. Place pears in large bowl; toss with lemon juice and vanilla. Melt butter in large ovenproof skillet over med-high heat. Add sugar; shake skillet to spread sugar evenly.
- Place pears, cut side down in skillet; drizzle with any remaining lemon juice mixture from bowl. Cook until sugar begins to dissolve and mixture bubbles all over, shaking pan often, about 5 minute.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake until pears are soft and juices are golden, about 15 minute Serve pears with juices from skillet and ice cream.
This was a very good dish. I cut it in half because there are only 2 of us. Dulce De Leche Ice cream is our very favorite of all ice creams, and it has stand alone qualities. I thought the sauce and the ice cream would have been just as good without the pears... but it really was a great dish.