Recipe by Marney
From a recipe booklet, haven't tried yet.
Top Review by ms.susan
I made this salad for my book club and WHOOSH it was all gone! It's a REALLY delicious and out of the ordinary salad!
*** Made it twice now and BOTH times everyone loved it!! Make this recipe...you will not be disappointed!***
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 firm ripe pears, peeled, quartered, cored and cut into eighths
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 cups mixed spring greens
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped candied pecans
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, beat vinaigrette ingredients with whisk. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add pears and sugar; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until fruit is tender and golden. Cool slightly.
- In large salad bowl, toss greens, onion and half the vinaigrette. Transfer to large platter. Arrange pears, pecans and cheese over greens. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve immediately.