A simple, tasty dessert. Simple to me does not preclude elegance. This is elegant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Squeeze juice from lemon.
- 2Measure and reserve 1 tblsp of juice; add remaining juice to cold water in large bowl.
- 3Pare, quarter and core one pear at a time and place in acidulated water.
- 4Drain pears; pat dry with paper toweling.
- 5Heat butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6When foam subsides, add pears; increase heat to high.
- 7Saute pears until just golden on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- 8Add wine.
- 9Boil and cook until wine is reduced to thick glaze, about 5 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle pears with sugar and reserved lemon juice.
- 11Cook, stirring gently, over medium heat, until pears are lightly glazed.
- 12Give a good grind (but not too much) of coarse black pepper.
- 13Serve warm with a dollop of crème fraiche.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Pears
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 45.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g