Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From 365 Delicious Low-Fat Recipes. Serve over pound cake or vanilla yogurt. Or serve as-is like a compote
- In a large skillet, combine sugar and 4 teaspoons water. Cook ver low heat until sugar melts and turns a light amber color, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the pears lenghwise and scoop out cores. Slice each half into 6 slices. Place in a medium bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add remaining lemon juice to caramelized sugar and quickly stir until mixture is smooth.
- Add pears and juices in bowl to skillet. Return to medium heat.
- Cook, stirring gently, until pears are softened and lightly glazed 2-3 minutes. Serve warm.