1/1 Photo of Caramelized Pear Tart
This caramelized pear tart recipe is from a grocery store flyer. For the short crust pastry use Rich Shortcrust Pastry #140597 or no-roll short crust The Easiest Shortcrust Pastry #95116, or your favorite short crust pastry. I think this recipe would be equally good with caramelized apples or other fresh fruit. Serve with rich custard or vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a sauté pan on medium, melt unsalted butter; stir in 2 Tablespoons of the sugar.
- 2Simmer, stirring occasionally, until butter and sugar begin to turn golden brown and caramelize.
- 3Add pear slices and cook slowly over low heat to tenderize and caramelize, stirring gently occasionally. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- 4Arrange caramelized pears in short crust pie shell.
- 5Mix together eggs with the remaining sugar, cream, ground almonds and pear brandy, if using.
- 6Pour mixture over pears.
- 7Preheat oven to 410 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degree Celsius) .
- 8Bake for about 25 minutes.
- 9Rest for three to five minutes before serving.
- 10Serve with rich custard or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Pear Tart
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.1
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 135.2 mg
- Sodium 323.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g