i wanted a pie but i had nothing but pears left in my fruit bowl
Make and share this Caramelized Pear Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Roll out half of your short crust pastry block.
- Smooth the rolled out pastry into the pie dish.
- Cut and prepare the pears into medium sized round circles.
- Pour 1/4 cups of water into a pot then add the pears into the pot.
- Pour all the sugar on top of the pears then add the whole cinnamon stick and the nutmeg.
- Let the pears simmer, so the pears caramelize.
- Pour most of the syrup into a cup.
- Roll out 1/4 peices of the pastry block and cut 6 peices the size of the sandwich tin.
- Pour the pears onto the sandwich dish full of pastry.
- Design a criss cross pattern on to the pears.
- Dip a pastry brush into some milk and run a 1 thin layer of milk over the pastry strips.
- Put in the oven for 15- 25 minutes.