1/2 Photos of Caramelized Pear Tart
Amina Patrice's Note:
i wanted a pie but i had nothing but pears left in my fruit bowl
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out half of your short crust pastry block.
- 2Smooth the rolled out pastry into the pie dish.
- 3Cut and prepare the pears into medium sized round circles.
- 4Pour 1/4 cups of water into a pot then add the pears into the pot.
- 5Pour all the sugar on top of the pears then add the whole cinnamon stick and the nutmeg.
- 6Let the pears simmer, so the pears caramelize.
- 7Pour most of the syrup into a cup.
- 8Roll out 1/4 peices of the pastry block and cut 6 peices the size of the sandwich tin.
- 9Pour the pears onto the sandwich dish full of pastry.
- 10Design a criss cross pattern on to the pears.
- 11Dip a pastry brush into some milk and run a 1 thin layer of milk over the pastry strips.
- 12Put in the oven for 15- 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Pear Tart
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 848.3
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 582.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 79.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: