1/1 Photo of Caramelized Pear and Toasted Almond Salad
This is one of my favorites. My aunt served roasted pear and walnut salad at her wedding, and this is my version of it. It looks and sounds fancy, even though it's pretty simple, so I whip it out at parties every once in a while. I also like to sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the almonds in a small saucepan and place in a bowl.
- 2Mix the water and sugar in the same saucepan and bring to a near-boil.
- 3Adjust water, sugar, and temperature as needed.
- 4Place the pears in the mixture until cooked thoroughly and place in another bowl.
- 5Mix the vinegar, salt, Dijon mustard, oil, and pepper in another bowl with a fork or in a blender.
- 6Wash and spin the baby spinach.
- 7Toss the pears, dressing, almonds, and spinach and serve.
Browse Our Top Pears Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pears Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Pear and Toasted Almond Salad
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 259.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 4.9 g