Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Divine and dazzling are only two ways to describe this down-home Southern delight. A satisfying finale to any holiday feast
- 2 lbs sliced peeled unsweetened fresh peaches or 2 lbs thawed and well-drained frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 angel food cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss peaches with bourbon in shallow ovenproof 1-1/2-quart casserole or 11×7-inch glass baking dish. Press down into even layer.
- Combine sour cream, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl; mix well. Spoon mixture evenly over peaches. (May be covered and refrigerated up to 2 hours before cooking time).
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over sour cream mixture to cover. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat, 3 to 5 minutes or until brown sugar is melted and bubbly. (Watch closely after 3 minutes so that sugar does not burn).
- Spoon immediately over angel food cake.