1/1 Photo of Caramelized Peach Tatin
This is just a tad different from any listed here. It came from "Food and Wine", Jonathan Benno. Store-bought puff pastry and an uncomplicated caramel make this "sublime and surprisingly fast" dessert. It is mindful of homey cobblers but with refinement of classic French apple tarte Tatin. Recipe calls for :freestone" peaches, Zaar will not accept.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 * F.
- 2Combine sugar, water, and corn syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- 3Simmer without stirring until an amber caramel forms, about 6 minutes.
- 4Pour caramel into an 8 inch ovenproof skillet ( cast iron is great !), tilting to coat the bottom.
- 5Set peach halves in caramel, cut sides up.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, cut the puff pastry into an 9 inch round, to cover an 8 inch skillet.
- 7Set the round over the peaches in the skillet, and bake until the pastry is richly browned and puffed, about 28 minutes.
- 8Remove the skillet from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 9Carefully invert the peach tart onto a cake plate/platter, and let cool slightly.
- 10Cut the tart into wedges and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Peach Tatin
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 153.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g