Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Summertime dessert. I served this to some friends and they thought it was wonderful.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and cut up
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto
- 6 sponge cake shells
- sliced almonds, if desired
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in 2 tablespoons amaretto and peaches. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peaches are coated with mixture.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Gently stir in raspberries.
- Make Amaretto Whipped Cream by beating whipping cream, brown sugar, 1 tsp cornstarch and 1 teaspoons amaretto in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Top each shortcake cup with peach-raspberry mixture and whipped cream. Sprinkle with almonds.