Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another nice recipe for parsnip lovers. This recipe is from The Vegetarian Society
- 25 g piece fresh gingerroot, scrubbed and finely grated
- 450 g parsnips, scrubbed and cut into 1/2in x 2in/1cm x 5cm batons
- 225 g pickling onions, peeled (pour boiling water over them first to loosen skins)
- 1 tablespoon soya oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Squeeze grated ginger tightly in one hand over parsnips so all the juice runs out. Discard the remaining fibrous ginger.
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a shallow tin.
- Cook uncovered at 150C/300F for 35-45 minutes, turn occasionally.
- Increase temperature to 200C/400F and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
I love roasted vegetables and this recipe was a nice flavor alternative to the usual seasonings. The turmeric was neon yellow and my kids thought that was so funny! The honey and ginger were very complimentary to the turmeric and veggies. Made as directed, but I think I took them out of the oven a little soon, as everything wasn't to the crunchy stage yet. I could tell by the flavor of the ones that were browned nicely that I should have left them in. Next time I'll start dinner before the natives are restless. ;) The parsnips were DH's favorite and the onions were mine. I'm thankful Annelies took time to post this recipe and we will remember her fondly every time we make it. Made and enjoyed for the Cook-A-Thon in her memory.
I really enjoyed this dish Pets. It was fast and easy to make. What a wonderful flavour created by roasting ginger, turmeric, honey and vegetables. Thanks for sharing.
This was really good, I used about 3 tablespoons olive oil in place of soy oil. Roasted veggies brings out so much flavor! thanks Pets!...Kitten