Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this by accident the other day and it was so good my 9 year old and I made another batch for lunch the next day
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread asparagus in the bottom of an ovenproof pan (I used ceramic).
- Sprinkle melted butter over asparagus.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over asparagus and butter.
- Add coarse sea salt to taste (use sparingly).
- Place in oven uncovered and cook until asparagus is starting to brown and become crisp about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I'm not giving this a starred rating as I'm not sure it turned out quite right for me. It could have been that my asparagus was too thick or that I used spray oil instead of butter. I also roasted them at 375 for 45 minutes and they weren't getting browned so I roasted them another 30 minutes at 400. In the end they were slightly blackened and almost dry husks. I did enjoy sucking out some of the middle soft part that I could get and I loved the salt...I used coarse kosher salt. If made right they would probably be like asparagus french fries! I'll try them again some day and re-review if I get better results. Made for PAC Spring 2007.
I'm not going to rate it. Only because my kids want my accident caramelized asparagus every night. I use olive oil, lawreys garlic salt and pepper. 425 for 10-15 minutes then flip and 10- 15min. Depends on thickness.
I've done this a few times now sometimes with olive oil instead of butter and the amount of lemon juice will vary. I have also added lemon pepper spices sometimes but I am a lemon lover.