Recipe by alleycatb
I made this by accident the other day and it was so good my 9 year old and I made another batch for lunch the next day
Top Review by Engrossed
I'm not giving this a starred rating as I'm not sure it turned out quite right for me. It could have been that my asparagus was too thick or that I used spray oil instead of butter. I also roasted them at 375 for 45 minutes and they weren't getting browned so I roasted them another 30 minutes at 400. In the end they were slightly blackened and almost dry husks. I did enjoy sucking out some of the middle soft part that I could get and I loved the salt...I used coarse kosher salt. If made right they would probably be like asparagus french fries! I'll try them again some day and re-review if I get better results. Made for PAC Spring 2007.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread asparagus in the bottom of an ovenproof pan (I used ceramic).
- Sprinkle melted butter over asparagus.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over asparagus and butter.
- Add coarse sea salt to taste (use sparingly).
- Place in oven uncovered and cook until asparagus is starting to brown and become crisp about 45 minutes to 1 hour.