Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
THis is a beautiful, refreshing dessert, perfect for summer!!! (must chill over night)
Make and share this Caramelized Oranges recipe from Food.com.
- Pare rind thinly from one orange and cut into thin strips.
- Cook strips in small pan of boiling water 2-3 min til soft.
- drain; set aside.
- Remove all white parts and rind from oranges and put into a heatproof bowl.
- Sprinkle strips of cooked orange rind over top.
- Put sugar and water in a saucepan and heat GENTLY; stir constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to hard boil until syrup is golden caramel color, but NOT TOO DARK!
- If it is too thick, stand back and add 2 tbs hot water and stir well.
- Pour caramel over oranges and set aside to cool.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- To Serve, cut oranges into thin slices horizontally and stack in attractive serving dishes and serve with whipped cream.
I halved the recipe. Very good over the yogurt french toast. And topped on a spinach salad!
This tasted amazing! I had a really difficult time with the caramel- but that was ALL ME! Make sure that you HEED the instruction to heat GENTLY- I am one of those who likes to use the HIGH setting with wild abandon! I have learned NOW that the other settings work well too! PLEASE DO make this recipe and enjoy it! I will try it again WITH the Grand Marnier or Amaretto! Would be luscious over an angel food or pound cake! Thanks for a terrific recipe!
Like Rita I also halved the recipe, served it with ice cream and added some Grand Marnier, lovely dessert!