1/1 Photo of Caramelized Oranges
THis is a beautiful, refreshing dessert, perfect for summer!!! (must chill over night)
My Private Note
- 1Pare rind thinly from one orange and cut into thin strips.
- 2Cook strips in small pan of boiling water 2-3 min til soft.
- 3drain; set aside.
- 4Remove all white parts and rind from oranges and put into a heatproof bowl.
- 5Sprinkle strips of cooked orange rind over top.
- 6Put sugar and water in a saucepan and heat GENTLY; stir constantly until sugar dissolves.
- 7Bring to hard boil until syrup is golden caramel color, but NOT TOO DARK!
- 8If it is too thick, stand back and add 2 tbs hot water and stir well.
- 9Pour caramel over oranges and set aside to cool.
- 10Place in fridge overnight.
- 11To Serve, cut oranges into thin slices horizontally and stack in attractive serving dishes and serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Oranges
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 49.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g