Recipe by English_Rose
For a pretty and refreshing dessert try this simple recipe for Cointreau-flavoured oranges in a caramel sauce.
- 6 oranges
- 2 -3 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 ounces sugar
- pine nuts, toasted
- fresh mint leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the oranges, carefully removing any pith, and slice into rounds.
- Place the oranges in a large, heatproof serving dish and drizzle with the Cointreau.
- Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook without stirring until the sugar syrup caramelizes, turning a rich golden colour.
- Pour the syrup over the oranges and set aside for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, garnish the oranges with the pine nuts and chopped mint.