For a pretty and refreshing dessert try this simple recipe for Cointreau-flavoured oranges in a caramel sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the oranges, carefully removing any pith, and slice into rounds.
- 2Place the oranges in a large, heatproof serving dish and drizzle with the Cointreau.
- 3Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- 4Bring to the boil and cook without stirring until the sugar syrup caramelizes, turning a rich golden colour.
- 5Pour the syrup over the oranges and set aside for at least 1 hour.
- 6Just before serving, garnish the oranges with the pine nuts and chopped mint.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Oranges
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: