Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From the Baby Let's Eat cookbook. Under the 6-12 months category, adults will love too (just not pureed!)
Top Review by JennyMidget
Winner for the whole family - our nine-month old tucked right in (but did look at me in horror as if to say "where's the meat, woman?") and the adults thought it went very nicely as an accompaniment to pork chops. Thanks!
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the oil and onions in a medium skillet. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until brown, 15 minutes.
- Add the apples carrots, and water. Cover and continue to cook slowly until the carrots are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Puree some of the onion mixture in a blender or food processor for the baby and serve the rest as is to your family. Makes 2 cups.