Recipe by Beve
I found this in a newspaper, Wash. post, I believe..A healthful mixture of onions, mushrooms, and chard turns standard pasta dish into anything but.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Tasty recipe. Enjoyed the unique combination of swiss chard with the linquine and mushrooms. And thoroughly enjoyed the caramelized onions and they were cooked perfectly after the 20 mins. Other than reducing the pasta, I didn't change the ingredients and it worked nicely. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces button mushrooms
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 bunch swiss chard, stems trimmed,chopped (about 5-6 c. packed)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, covered, 15 min.
- Uncover, cook 5 min.
- more or golden.
- ADD mushrooms, cook til most liquid has gone.
- Add garlic, thyme, salt, pepper.
- Add Swiss chard, stir til it wilts.
- Add 1 1/2 c.
- broth, bring to boil, simmer 2 min.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine (al dente).
- Drain, spoon veggies on top w/ some broth.
- Sprinkle w/ Parmesan.