Recipe by Manami
Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this sandwich would be wonderful with a simple fruit salad. For intensly sweet caramelized onions use yellow onions. I love these sandwiches with either Canadian bacon or regular bacon.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups thinly vertically sliced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices Canadian bacon or 8 -10 slices regular crispy bacon, cut in half and already cooked in microwave
- cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, sliced in 1/2
- fresh fruit salad, melon, berries and pineapple
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper, saute 8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove onion mixture from pan.
- Add Canadian bacon to pan, cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove Canadian bacon from pan.
- If using "regular" warm it in microwave or on stovetop.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add eggs to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Layer 1 Canadian bacon slice, 1 Cheddar cheese slice, 1/4 cup onion mixture and 1 egg on each of English muffins.
- Top with remaining English muffin slice that has been buttered.
- Serve and enjoy!