1 hr 15 mins
Elegant, rich, creamy, and honestly not hard. Premade pizza dough and just a few ingredients make this a great appetizer or a great side to some roasted chicken or pork. I like to make this in a rectangle, but you can make this round and serve as pizza slices. What ever is easiest for you. This is a wonderful starter for a dinner party with friends. This served along a nice rich fall salad with roasted vegetables is a perfect first course. Roasted duck or cornish hens, a slow roasted pork roast with braised sweet potatoes in a maple bourbon sauce or a rich guinness beef stew. Fall flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium sweet white onions (cut in half and thin slice)
- 5 medium granny smith apples (skin on and thin sliced)
- 1 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Onions and Apples -- In a large non stick skillet on medium high heat, add the butter, olive oil, onions and start to caramelize. Cook about 5 minutes until they start to brown. Then add the apples, thyme, salt and pepper to taste and cook for approximately 20 minutes until the apples get very soft and brown and almost appear to melt "spreadable.".
- 2Crust -- I use a baking sheet for this and spray with Pam. Then spread out and lightly roll the pizza dough into a rectangle to fit in the baking pan. Make sure to press the dough out and then prick with a fork all over the crust. This will prevent the crust from "puffing up" or "bubbling" when you cook it. I mix the olive oil, garlic and pepper and brush over the top of the crust and cook at 425 for about 10-12 minutes until it gets slightly brown. Remove from the oven and slightly cool.
- 3Topping -- Spread the apple onion mixture over crust and garnish with the goat cheese and walnuts fine chopped.
- 4Broil -- I like to broil the pizza for just 3-5 minutes on the middle rack until the cheese starts to soften and melt.
- 5Serve -- Cut into squares and serve along side a salad or with any grilled dish. It is a great savory/sweet appetizer or starter dish.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onions, Apple, Walnuts and Goat Cheese Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.5
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 24.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: