1/2 Photos of Caramelized Onion, Walnut and Sage Pizza
Kozmic Blues's Note:
The slowly cooked sweet onions paired with crunch of walnuts and the earthy sage are a PERFECT combination in this amazing vegan pizza. For the non-vegans, I sprinkled a handful of crumbled blue cheese on top of half!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet.
- 2Add onion slices, salt and pepper.
- 3Sauté over medium heat, gently scraping the pan to keep the onions from sticking as they caramelize.
- 4After about 30-35 minutes the onion should be golden and very sweet.
- 5Add garlic and sauté another 5 minutes until fragrant.
- 6Add a splash or two of water if pan get too dry as the onion/garlic mixture caramelizes.
- 7Set onions aside to cool a bit.
- 8Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 9Roll out pizza dough and place on an oiled baking sheet, brushing the top with olive oil.
- 10Spread onions evenly over the dough and sprinkle on the sage leaves and chopped walnuts.
- 11Bake pizza for 8-10 minutes, until crust is golden.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion, Walnut and Sage Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g