Recipe by DailyInspiration
Another Cooking Light appetizer utilizing two types of onions cooked in white balsamic vinegar and topped with Asiago cheese.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Other than using extra virgin olive oil made this down the line. Made these as a side dish to dinner, and we were not disappointed. Nice flavors , and very easy to prepare. Especially enjoyed by the kids. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 small yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes; stirring occasionally. Add vinegar.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold dough and place on a work surface lightly dusted with flour. Roll into a 10 x9 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 20 (2 1/4 x 2 inch) rectangles. Score each rectangle about 1/8-inch from edge. Prick dough pieces liberally with a fork. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and chill for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle about 3/4 teaspoons cheese over each tartlet; top with about 1 tbsp onion mixture. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until dough is lightly browned.