1/1 Photo of Caramelized Onion Steak Sandwich
Zesty Onion and Steak Sandwich for two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon oil (I use flavoured "Chili Oil")
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced (Walla Walla type)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 12 -16 ounces round steaks or 12 -16 ounces sirloin tip steaks or 12 -16 ounces flank steaks
- 1/4 cup beef stock or 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 slices of your favourite thick toasted bread
- 1Slice onion into very thin slices, separate rings; set aside.
- 2Slice steak, across the grain, into very thin slices, place in a zip lock bag, add cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce and balsamic vinegar to zip lock bag.
- 3Squeeze out air and massage bag to distribute sauces and vinegar through steak; set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large nonstick fry pan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, and garlic, stirring occasionally, until medium to dark brown caramelized; 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Add steak strips with sauces, saute' til medium rare.
- 6Add beef stock or wine and deglaze pan.
- 7Simmer 5 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, toast bread slices dark brown.
- 9Place 2 slices of toast on warm plate and cover with half the onion and meat mixture.
- 10Repeat on second plate.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Steak Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.4
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.3 mg
- Sodium 989.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 40.7 g