Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Clean Eating Magazine May/June 2009
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Heat nonstick or cast iron pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat for another minute.
- Add onion and saute until carmelized, 5-10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Put artichokes and spinach-onion mixture in a food processor fitted with a standard cutting blade.
- Chop for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and yogurt and whirl for 2 minutes.
- Add Parmesan, chives, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and salt.
- Chop for another 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are finely minced and entire mixture is well-blended.
- Place dip in 4 qt ceramic baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and serve with vegetables, crackers, and bread.