Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple but luscious soup.
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large pear
- 3 large yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 ounces blue cheese (Stilton)
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter and Olive oil in large pot.
- Add diced onion and cook over medium heat until well browned and caramelized.
- Core, peel and dice pear.
- Add to onions, stirring until lightly browned.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth.
- Simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender. (or regular blender).
- Add milk and 1 1/2 ounces of Stilton. Heat through.
- Serve garnished with remaining Stilton crumbled on top.
This was a great soup...all the flavors went really well together and it was really filling. I only sprinkled the stilton on top otherwise I think the taste might have been a bit overpowering. Thanks for posting the recipe!