Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
another fast pasta supper. this one is especially good with fusilli, but not just.
- 3 lbs onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lb your favorite pasta, cooked al dente
- Cook onions in oil and butter, covered, over moderately-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- Add sugar and vinegar and cook, uncovered, over moderately-high heat, stirring, for 15-20 minutes, or until onions are golden.
- Stir in wine, broth and 1 cup water, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese, stirring, until it is melted.
- Stir in parsley and season to taste and serve immediately.
- Enough for 1 lb pasta.
- Fusilli is good.