Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Like so many of my recipes the source for this is unknown. This uses hot roll mix and a few simple ingredients.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- 16 ounces hot roll mix
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook onions in oil and margarine, until tender and golden brown.
- Stir in brown sugar snd continue cooking until sugar melts; set aside.
- Spray a 13 x 9- inch baking pan with the non-stick cooking spray;set aside.
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15 x 10- inch rectangle.
- Spread carmelized onions evenly over dough.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting from a long side.
- Seam side down cut crosswise into 12 slices.
- Arrange rolls, cut sides down in the prepared baking dish.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan; serve warm or cool.