1/1 Photo of Caramelized Onion Rice
Chef #775963's Note:
I made some very simple chicken kabobs and had some onion bits and pieces left over, so I decided to make some rice to go along side it. This is all stuff I had on hand (I just got back from World Market which is why I had the garlic and basil oil on hand) and this is definitely a one off from plain white rice. And I promise it's not too oily! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pot on medium/high heat. Add diced onions and stir. Cover and let them cook for 1-2 minutes, stir, and cover and let them cook for another 1-2 minutes, just until they turn brown.
- 2Add rice, garlic oil, basil oil, and salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- 3Add chicken broth, stir, bring to a boil (should be fairly quick), cover, turn down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Turn burner off and let rest for 5-10 minutes without taking the lid off. When done, stir/fluff and serve.
Browse Our Top Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Rice
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 283.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: