Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've had this recipe tucked away in my small recipe box, and can't exactly remember where it originated. I do however, have notes wrote by the recipe stating "good". This is a beautiful topping for almost any hors d'oeuvre. The relish can be made a week ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thin sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium.
- Add onion and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes till soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 20-25 minutes, stir often. (Onion will turn a red, translucent, almost candied color, and most of the liquid will evaporate).
- Serve warm, or store in airtight container in fridge for one week.