Recipe by Lainey6605
Be patient when caramelizing the onions. If you rush them, they won't taste as sweet. You could also use Monterey Jack or mozzarella in place of the Cheddar cheese.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray 24 mini-muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add 3/4 cup onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium; add bell pepper.
- Cook 5-7 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs.
- Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper sauce.
- Stir in cooked onion and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon onion mixture evenly into mini-muffin cups.
- Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle, press perforations and edges to seal.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut dough into small rounds.
- Place dough round on top of onion mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and set in center.
- Cool 5 minutes, run knife around edge of each muffin cup.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.