Be patient when caramelizing the onions. If you rush them, they won't taste as sweet. You could also use Monterey Jack or mozzarella in place of the Cheddar cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Spray 24 mini-muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 3In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- 4Add 3/4 cup onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Reduce heat to medium; add bell pepper.
- 6Cook 5-7 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and golden brown.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8In medium bowl, beat eggs.
- 9Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper sauce.
- 10Stir in cooked onion and 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- 11Spoon onion mixture evenly into mini-muffin cups.
- 12Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle, press perforations and edges to seal.
- 13Using a 1 1/2 inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut dough into small rounds.
- 14Place dough round on top of onion mixture.
- 15Top with remaining cheese.
- 16Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and set in center.
- 17Cool 5 minutes, run knife around edge of each muffin cup.
- 18Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 113.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g