Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from a little booklet called "What's For Dinner?..Eggs!" that I picked up at the Royal Winter Fair. The cooking times assume that the veggies are already cooked.
- 4 eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4.92 ml butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red skin potato, scrubbed, cubed and cooked
- 1 medium carrot, chopped and cooked
- 118.29 ml cooked green peas
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the milk.
- Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large non stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Stir in the potato, carrot and peas.
- Add the egg mixture to the veggie mixture in the pan and reduce the heat to medium low.
- As the mixture begins to set, gently move the spatula across the bottom and sides of the skillet to form large, soft curds.
- Cook until the eggs are set and no visible liquid egg remains, but the eggs are still moist.
- Serve immediately.
Easy, quick and delicious.
What a great filling breakfast this was - I used a small carisma potato (low GI) and a baby carrot which I cooked in the microwave and a large shallot but omited the peas as I had none. I scaled it back for one serve and thoroughly enjoyed my early morning breakfast as the sun came up. Thank you Dreamer in Ontario, made for Almost 5 Tag Game.
Quick and tasty comfort food! Thanks for sharing!