Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are all my favorite things, carmelized onions, potatoes and corn. I rarely use the red onion and use a vidalia instead but the red would also add a nice color. I also most times use basil in place of the rosemary as it is a favorite too! This is lower in fat and a better for you potato pancake! From a fitness website.
- 2 baking potatoes, baked and chilled
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 red onion, julienned (I use yellow sweet like a Vidalia)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- fresh ground black pepper
- Peel the cold potatoes carefully with a paring knife and gently grate them with the coarse side of a cheese grater and set aside.
- Lightly spray a sauté pan with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions and peppers for about 5 minutes until the onions begin to brown. Add the corn, garlic and herbs and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place the potatoes, vegetables, egg whites, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl and gently fold together.
- Taste, adjust the seasoning, and form into eight 2" patties.
- Place a non-stick griddle, skillet or lightly sprayed sauté pan over medium heat and toast each side of the cakes golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.