Recipe by Miss Erin C.
I make these a lot. I don't like meat on pizza, and I'm not really fond of tomato sauces either, so this is my favorite pizza. The sweetness of the onions is great with the mozzarella and the pesto.
Top Review by jennyblender
This is very good! For comparisons sake, I made this on 1 large regular thickness pizza crust. I used about 3/4c of pesto (it could have used a little more), 4 onions, and about 3c cheese. Thanks for the great recipe Miss Erin.....
- 3 individual size prepared prebaked pizza crusts
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut onion into thin slices.
- Cook onions in the butter on medium low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Spread each shell with a little olive oil, especially the edges.
- Spread pesto sauce on each pizza shell.
- Top with onions.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for about 9 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the pizza is warmed through.