Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of my new favorites is pizza topped with fresh arugula. My favorite is plain cheese pizza with arugula on top, but this is a VERY close second. A wonderful combination! NOTE: Bacon and Onions can be prepared ahead of time.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Set bacon aside.
- Add oil to bacon drippings in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon rosemary, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is a deep golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place pizza crust on 12-inch pizza pan. Top with onion. Add cheese and walnuts; bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven; top with 1 teaspoon rosemary, reserved bacon and arugula.