Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of my new favorites is pizza topped with fresh arugula. My favorite is plain cheese pizza with arugula on top, but this is a VERY close second. A wonderful combination! NOTE: Bacon and Onions can be prepared ahead of time.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 cups onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped & divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12 inch) Boboli pizza crusts
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup arugula, trimmed
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Set bacon aside.
- Add oil to bacon drippings in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon rosemary, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is a deep golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place pizza crust on 12-inch pizza pan. Top with onion. Add cheese and walnuts; bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven; top with 1 teaspoon rosemary, reserved bacon and arugula.