Recipe by WeazelChef
A healthy delicious pizza. MMMM reminds me of my favorite bistro.
Top Review by Frumious B.
The secret to this... Brown sugar and sausage! Cook up onions as directed (you can use red too) use Brown sugar and after 20 minutes use sausage crumbles! I used Bob Evans breakfast in the roll bc that's what I had. Delicious! Oh, and use butter and vegetable oil to fry the onions. Vegetable oil it's the jet key to not burning onions. Cream cheese was nice on bottom, I did add just a tiny bit of onion dip mix, which I noticed but don't think I needed. Enjoy!
- 4 yellow onions, sliced very thin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- gorgonzola (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and 2 tablespoons of Olive oil in a large skillet or cast iron pan.
- Add the onions, salt, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until they soften a little.
- Add the sugar and stir every few minutes for 20 minutes.
- Turn off burner and prepare the crust.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Spread on top of pizza ctust and top with the onions.
- Sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese if you wish.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until desired results.