Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was in the ad from the Coop I like to visit
- 1 prepared pizza crust (ready-to-bake pizza crust)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 946.36 ml yellow onions, sliced (about 3 medium onions)
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 118.29 ml sweet bell pepper, grilled and chopped
- 113.39 g goat cheese, crumbles
- 56.69 g provolone cheese or 56.69 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml grilled chicken, grilled
- To caramelize the onions, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are very soft and lightly browned.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook a few more minutes, then remove from heat.
- Preheat the grill to low-medium heat (or preheat your oven to 400 degrees).
- Spread the caramelized onions evenly over the pizza crust.
- Top the onions with the chopped peppers, crumbled goat cheese, shredded provolone, and chicken.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, making sure the crust does not burn.
- Remove from the grill or oven and let set 5 minutes before slicing.
Good! Fortunately, I love a pizza diet. Unfortunately, I also, love ribs, macaroni and cheese, lasagna, fried pork chops... Made for A-NZ Reunion Tag.
Fabulous pizza variation! I used an orange bell pepper. The caramelized onion base was wonderful - so flavorful with the balsamic vinegar touch. Thanks for sharing!