1/3 Photos of Caramelized Onion Pizza
Charlotte J's Note:
This was in the ad from the Coop I like to visit
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 prepared pizza crust (ready-to-bake pizza crust)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups yellow onions, sliced (about 3 medium onions)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sweet bell pepper, grilled and chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbles
- 2 ounces provolone cheese or 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grilled chicken, grilled
- 1To caramelize the onions, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the onions and garlic and cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are very soft and lightly browned.
- 3Add the balsamic vinegar and cook a few more minutes, then remove from heat.
- 4Preheat the grill to low-medium heat (or preheat your oven to 400 degrees).
- 5Spread the caramelized onions evenly over the pizza crust.
- 6Top the onions with the chopped peppers, crumbled goat cheese, shredded provolone, and chicken.
- 7Cook for 10-15 minutes, making sure the crust does not burn.
- 8Remove from the grill or oven and let set 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.2
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 286.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust