This was in the ad from the Coop I like to visit
Make and share this Caramelized Onion Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 prepared pizza crust (ready-to-bake pizza crust)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups yellow onions, sliced (about 3 medium onions)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet bell pepper, grilled and chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbles
- 2 ounces provolone cheese or 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup grilled chicken, grilled
- To caramelize the onions, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are very soft and lightly browned.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook a few more minutes, then remove from heat.
- Preheat the grill to low-medium heat (or preheat your oven to 400 degrees).
- Spread the caramelized onions evenly over the pizza crust.
- Top the onions with the chopped peppers, crumbled goat cheese, shredded provolone, and chicken.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, making sure the crust does not burn.
- Remove from the grill or oven and let set 5 minutes before slicing.