Recipe by Little Grandma
I usually make pizza the standard way with pepperoni and cheese. I had some left over dough one night and came up with this recipe.
- 2 large onions
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 78.07 ml light mayonnaise
- 78.07 ml pesto sauce or 78.07 ml basil, that comes in a tube
- 283.49 g box frozen spinach, thawed
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 113.39 g can black olives
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded romano cheese or 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 1 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- Pat your favorite pizza dough in a round pizza pan Add the butter and olive oil to a skillet.
- Once the butter is melted add the sliced onions.
- Keep the heat medium to low and slowly cook the onions.
- This could take from 20 minutes to 40 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking squeeze all the water from the chopped spinach.
- Combine the mayonnaise and basil or pesto.
- Spread the mayonnaise and basil sauce on the dough.
- Sprinkle the sun dried tomatoes and spinach on top of the sauce.
- Add all of the onions and sliced black olives.
- Top with Shredded cheese and grated romano or Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with chopped parsley and tomato.