1/1 Photo of Caramelized Onion Pizza
Little Grandma's Note:
I usually make pizza the standard way with pepperoni and cheese. I had some left over dough one night and came up with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce or 1/3 cup basil, that comes in a tube
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded romano cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 vine ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- 2Pat your favorite pizza dough in a round pizza pan Add the butter and olive oil to a skillet.
- 3Once the butter is melted add the sliced onions.
- 4Keep the heat medium to low and slowly cook the onions.
- 5This could take from 20 minutes to 40 minutes.
- 6While the onions are cooking squeeze all the water from the chopped spinach.
- 7Combine the mayonnaise and basil or pesto.
- 8Spread the mayonnaise and basil sauce on the dough.
- 9Sprinkle the sun dried tomatoes and spinach on top of the sauce.
- 10Add all of the onions and sliced black olives.
- 11Top with Shredded cheese and grated romano or Parmesan cheese.
- 12Bake in hot oven for 20 minutes.
- 13Remove from oven and top with chopped parsley and tomato.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (1196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1480.0
- Calories from Fat 992
- Total Fat 110.2 g
- Saturated Fat 38.1 g
- Cholesterol 191.2 mg
- Sodium 3198.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.5 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 59.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: