A wonderful little appetizer that my friend shared with me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saute pan, sweat the onions in the butter and sugar until browned and softened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2Add the hot water and bouillon and bring mixture to a boil.
- 3Turn heat down and simmer uncovered until liquid has been reduced, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4Set mixture aside to cool a bit and then add cheese, stirring well to incorporate.
- 5Place about 1 heaping teaspoon measure into each phyllo cup.
- 6Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Can be served hot or room temperature.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Phyllo Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (728 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.0
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 33.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g