Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful little appetizer that my friend shared with me!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large sweet onions (sliced or diced thinly)
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon (or 3 cubes)
- 2 (2 ounce) packagesfrozen miniature phyllo cups (15 shells per package)
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- In a large saute pan, sweat the onions in the butter and sugar until browned and softened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the hot water and bouillon and bring mixture to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer uncovered until liquid has been reduced, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Set mixture aside to cool a bit and then add cheese, stirring well to incorporate.
- Place about 1 heaping teaspoon measure into each phyllo cup.
- Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Can be served hot or room temperature.