1/2 Photos of Caramelized Onion, Macadamia Pesto on Wheat Flax Seed Pizza Crus
1 hr 5 mins
Connie C.'s Note:
Caramelized Onion Pizza with Macadamia Nut Pesto and Whole Wheat Flax seed Pizza Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Whole Wheat Flaxseed Pizza Crust
- 11.09 ml active dry yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml flax seed meal
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml honey or 14.79 ml brown sugar
Macadamia Nut Pesto
- 473.18 ml basil leaves, packed
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 78.07 ml macadamia nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red pepper, fresh
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
Carmelized Onion Ingredients
- 1Directions for crust:.
- 2Mix yeast and honey or brown sugar in warm water. Sprinkle yeast on top. Let sit 10 minutes until foamy. In large bowl, mix flour and flax seed meal with salt. Add yeast mixture. Mix well. Knead approximately five minutes. Let rise 20-30 minutes. Roll out and place on pizza baking dish. (You can decide if you wish for a deep dish or thin crust pizza). Poke the crust several times with fork several times to avoid bubbling. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes before placing toppings on pizza.
- 3Directions for pesto;.
- 4Using a food processor add the basil and nuts and pulse for approximately 30 seconds.
- 5Add the red pepper and garlic. Mix together.
- 6Slowly add the olive oil.
- 7Add the remaining ingredients and pulse together, mixing well.
- 8Add the pesto to the top of the pizza crust and complete the pizza with the following ingredients.
- 9Directions for Carmelized Onion and final assembly:.
- 10In a large skillet add olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook about five minutes. Add salt, pepper and rosemary and cook an additional 15 -20 minutes over low heat stirring frequently until onions take on a brown color.
- 11Heat oven to 475 degrees F.
- 12Top pizza dough with onion mixture. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven, add cheese and allow to bake in the oven further until cheese browns. Remove from oven and sprinkle arugula over top.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion, Macadamia Pesto on Wheat Flax Seed Pizza Crus
Serving Size: 1 (2626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 969.6
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 3036.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.6 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g