1/1 Photo of Caramelized Onion, Gruyere, and Spinach Crustless Quiche
1 hr 10 mins
Crustless quiche is a no brainer in our house. We regularly throw together leftover vegies, a little cheese, and eggs fresh from our chickens together, pop into the oven and Voila! Breakfast for everyone! The caramelized onion with spinach and Gruyere is my all-time favorite. I usually use fresh spinach but the frozen box is easy, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2With a little canola oil in a frying pan over medium high heat caramelize the onions, stirring occasionally. This takes about 15-20 minutes.
- 3Squeeze the moisture out of the thawed spinach by wrapping it in a dish towel and squeezing.
- 4Beat the eggs and add the milk and whisk well.
- 5Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper and a few grinds of fresh nutmeg.
- 6Spray or wipe oil all over a deep pie dish.
- 7When the onions are well caramelized, place evenly over bottom of pie dish then evenly spread the spinach over the onions and follow up with the cheese.
- 8Pour the egg mixture over the top and pop into the oven.
- 9Bake until firm in the middle, about 40-45 minutes.
- 10Serve with fresh fruit and popovers hot from the oven!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion, Gruyere, and Spinach Crustless Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 228.5 mg
- Sodium 265.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 20.4 g