This is a incredible, delicious recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over medium-high, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet.
- 2Add the onion; cook stirring for 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- 3Reduce to medium-low heat, adding in the brown sugar.
- 4Cook until onion is glazed and golden, around 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5While cooking, spread mustard over 4 slices of bread; place cheese slice on each piece of bread.
- 6Spoon the onion mixture evenly over cheese and other bread slices.
- 7Spread tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 8In skillet, over medium-low, heat until hot, placing buttered side down.
- 9Spread remaining butter on other sides and cook until cheese has melted.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.2
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 927.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 19.3 g