Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light, but you'd never know it, Very tasty dish!!
Make and share this Caramelized Onion, Green Bean, and Cherry Tomato Tian recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups cut green beans, about a pound
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook beans in boiling water 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water, set aside.
- Heat nonstick fry pan coated with veggie spray over medium high heat.
- Add onion and next 4 ingredients (onion through pepper), saute 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Stir in vinegar, basil and oregano, cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange beans in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with veggie spray.
- Top with onion mixture.
- Arrange tomatoes on top of onion mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned.
this wasn't too bad, a nice triad of flavors, altho my BF didn't like it as much and suggested that i only give it three stars. i halved the recipe and served it with some creamed corn on the side and a chicken main dish. not bad.
real easy to make and reheats well
Fantastic! Substituted white wine vinegar,freshwhole tomatoes and asiago instead of the original items. Came out great! Thanks