Recipe by TheBostonBean
One of my pizza craving inventions.
Top Review by Pellerin
*Fabulous!* (yum-yum!) Used *5* oz. of good Gorgonzola ("Oregonzola" by Rogue Valley Creamery), and 1/2 lb. of applewood-smoked Neuske's bacon, cooked then chopped. KEY: Topped with some fresh basil. Oh....my.....land! Great! Might try using a foccacia crust next time, instead of the pizza crust, which got a wee-bit soggy. THANKS!
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced very thin
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 pizza dough (store bought,frozen or in a can)
- 4 ounces gorgonzola
- crumbled bacon (optional for the meat eaters)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over med. heat.
- Sautee onions until brown and soft 15 minutes, low/medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and cook 10-15 minutes longer.
- Set oven to 425°F.
- Oil pizza sheet.
- Add onions, gorgonzola & any extras.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until desired browness.